Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am an Iphone Developer Wannabe

Last month, I purchased my very first macbook, a 13' 2.0ghz alum unibody specifically for programming in Xcode.

I've been a C#/VB .NET developer for almost 5 years and I'm now trying to get out of my comfort zone by first learning Objective-C so that I can develop applications for the Iphone... and fingers-crossed, earn some moolah from the app store along the way

For the past few weeks, I've been reading up on a couple of Apress books related to Objective-C and Iphone Development (Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK & Learn C on the Mac). So far, I've created my first Iphone application, a simple Hello World app, and it felt really good to see my first app run in the Iphone simulator. I had a lot of fun tinkering with the Interface Builder as I learn how to implement the various user interfaces for the Iphone. I know I have a long way to go but I can't wait for the day when I'm finally a bonafide Iphone developer with an application or two uploaded in the App Store.

But for now, I still need to keep my day job as . NET developer while I learn Iphone development on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment